- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coriander seeds, coarsely
- 1/3 cup peppercorns coarsely ground
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 500 salmon fillet, 2 inch thick
- 1 packet melba toast
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Mix together the salt, sugar, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and chives.
- On a platter, lay half the salt mixture then place the salmon fillet on top, cover with remaining salt mixture.
- Tightly cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 6-7 hours.
- With a soft cloth, whip off the salt mixture from the salmon, refrigerate for a further 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice very thing lengthwise, place on melba toast, drizzle with sour cream and sprinkle on chives.