- 1kg rack of lamb, frenched and sliced individually
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 whole lemons, juiced
- 2 whole rosemary springs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1kg US Russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup wasabi paste
- salt to taste
- Marinate together all the ingredients for 2-4 hours (min 2 hours)
- Take out each lamb chop from marinade (reserve the marinade) and grill on stovetop or barbecue 5-8 minutes on each side (depending on desired doneness)
- Heat a sauté pan – pour in reserved marinade, allow to come to a boil and cook on high heat until slightly reduced. Pour over lamb chops and serve immediately.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender – drain, skin and mash in food mill or potato ricer.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over a medium fire add the potatoes; add the cream and wasabi paste, stirring vigorously until incorporated and light and fluffy. Season with salt and serve immediately.