- 125g sugar
- 5 whole eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 250g chocolate Valrhona
- 250g cold butter, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tsp flour all-purpose, heaped
- Combine eggs and sugar and whisk till sugar has dissolved, till mixture is pale and creamy.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl, over a bain marie (pot of boiling water). Make sure flame is on low, or chocolate will scorch. Once chocolate starts to melt, add the butter. Whisk to thoroughly combine. Once fully melted, take off bain marie and stir mixture till warm (not cold).
- Add whisked egg mixture to chocolate in a steady stream whilst stirring chocolate continuously till it is fully incorporated. Sift flour into mixture and gently fold.
- Brush moulds with soft butter, add flour into mould and cover with another buttered mould. Shake to distribrute the flour. Invert and shake out excess flour (ensure that all areas are covered with flour). Repeat with other moulds.
- Fill the mould with chocolate mixture, leaving 1/2 inch clearance at the top.
- Bake at 180°C for 9 minutes.
- Unmould carefully, garnish with fresh berries and serve with vanilla ice cream.